Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Should I keep the boxes?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Ks4treasures's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like to keep my boxes and I have folded them all down, even the doll boxes. They break down really easy. I have even folded up the tissue papers and saved that too. I put them in one of the UPS doll boxes and when it gets full I tape it up and put it out in my storage building.

    I hot glued a dowel rod in my linen closet and store all our outfits and junk on two shelves in there.

    The ONLY thing I have trouble storing and wish I had never bought is Jess's Tree!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've only kept the doll boxes, for storage until I can afford more of the trunks... I need to get the trunks soon, the boxes are stuffed right now. [img]redface.gif[/img] But that would be my only reason to keep them.

  3. #13
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Sheila, do you rent a very large storage room just for your boxes? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'd love to see a picture of that! Ha! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I collapse all my boxes and throw them away. They just take up space.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    At first I kept my boxes but they took up too much room. I cut the fronts off all the different boxes, then put the flat front cut-outs in a scrapbook.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you ever what to sell your items on ebay, the items with boxes will sell for more.

    Folding the boxes and saving them is a good idea.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member geneobug's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I collapse all my boxes. I have slipped the smaller ones into the medium sized ones and then the larger ones. I have also "filed" them by historical character. They all fit into one of the bigger (not hugh) AG shipping boxes and I have them stored in an extra closet. The tissue paper is folded up and slipped into the two or three AG plastic bags I have. I am holding onto them for value later, but I do have room to store them. Actually, my DGD played on top of the storage box until I put it up. It was a nice height off the floor to assemble things.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I chuck them! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •